The first week of June was spent with Shawn's parents and brother. They came down from OK and we had a great time. We went to Schlitterbahn and had a blast! Shawn drove them around town and showed them some sites. Even though it could have been better for them if he would have let them out of the car! We did go down to South Congress will full intentions of window shopping all the cute shops there but it was SO hot and we parked so FAR away that we stopped at the first place that had an outdoor patio for Nova and cold beer! Needless to say, we didn't make to any shops. We had a few drinks and then walked back towards the car to watch the bats take off at sunset. Below is a pictures of Nova diving into the bushes. He had enough walking and was so hot. Poor puppy.
I can't forget about this one. Shawn's Mom is so creative and instead of getting Shawn an OSU shower curtain for the bathroom she made him one instead. It is so neat and Shawn loved it!
After Shawn's family left we spent Friday night together hanging out and then I was off to Dallas to see George, Reba, Blake Shelton and a newcomer Julianne Hough. I had no idea who Julianne was but was going for George and Reba. On my way to Dallas I got stuck in traffic. At 12:00 on a Saturday! There is many reasons why I do not like that area of Texas and this is one of them.
On to the concert we go...Below is a picture of the stadium from the parking lot. There were so many lots to park and Kelly paid $40 for parking! It was outrageous! After we parked we walked to eat at Joe's crab shack and then headed back to the stadium.
When we returned to the stadium and tried to enter the closest gate to us we were DENIED because our ticket only allowed us to go into a certain gate number, which was on the OTHER side of the stadium! That was very ridiculous to me and my feet were quite upset as well. When we finally made into the stadium it was packed every which way we turned. To make it worse, no one working there knew were section numbers were and it was an absolute madhouse trying to find our seats. We were told to go one way and then told another. But, we finally made it. The first act was already on when we were seated but we didn't mind since neither Kelly or I had ever heard of Julianne Hough. So, we are checking out the stadium and listening to the music and I make a comment to Kelly that this Julianne chick looks a lot like Leann Womack. She said she thought the same thing. We went back and forth on how she looked like here depending on the angle of the picture that was on the jumbotron. I then make a comment to Kelly that she sings Leann Womack songs beautifully and sounds very similar to her. Kelly agrees. But, it wasn't Leann Womack we said to each other. We could not get over how much she looked like her, sounded like her and was covering Leann Womack songs. Well, that's because it WAS Leann Womack! We didn't know for sure until she was done with her set and the announcer came on and said "Leann Womack ladies and gentlemen."
And of course she had to do an encore performance of Fancy...and a wardrobe change was involved. Classic Reba!
We didn't stay for the encore performance. We were trying to beat the 60,000 fans that were there and avoid getting stuck in traffic. We had an awesome time. Thanks Kel, you are the best!
This is a view of the stadium at night when we left.
Last week Shelb and Mike came down for the ROT rally but I don't have any pics to post of that. We had a great time. And of course, Shelb and I had to have our sushi fix. It was awesome. We tried a new place, Musashino. I even ventured out and had Fatty Tuna! It was so buttery and melt in your mouth good!Now it is back to our day to day life. As many of you know, my stores are closing in the next week or so and I am on the job hunt. Please keep us in your prayers and pray that God will guide me towards a job/career that is suited for Shawn and me. I will keep you posted on the progress!
Take care friends and God bless!
No comments:
Post a Comment