Monday, June 1, 2009

Memorial Day Weekend!


I know it's late but here is what Shawn and I did on our 3 day weekend.


On Saturday we got up early and drove to Dallas for the Texas State Women's Bowling Tourney. We stayed with my Aunt, thanks Kel! I bowled horribly on Saturday. I bowled better on Sunday morning. My team was awesome. Thanks for letting me bowl with you ladies! Can't wait to do it again next year in Austin!
On the way home on Sunday we had to stop at Braum's. If you have never eaten Braum's ice cream then you have no idea what you are missing. Thanks to my MIL I have a new found love: Peanut Butter Hot Fudge Sundae. Delicious! Peanut Butter Cup Ice Cream, Peanut Butter Sauce, Hot Fudge Sauce, Whipped Cream and a Cherry...what could be better?


On the way back we thought we were going to run into to some bad weather. Evidently, it rained the whole weekend in Austin while we were gone.

We missed the rain and when we got home we headed out to hang out with Stacey. We didn't see enough of her so we went back out to the lake house on Monday. I made my should be famous scalloped potatoes and her brother Tommy made Lamb Shanks. I was a little nervous but it was delicious! Thanks to Stacey for having us out!

I can't forget that we finally met Stacey's nephew, Matthew. He is so adorable!


That was our 3 day weekend. We had a great time! Shawn's parents arrived in town this past Saturday. We went to Schlitterbahn on Sunday and had a great time, I don't have any pictures though. Hopefully, I will get some pics of all of us from this week. I will leave you with this though...the below picture is what I came home to last night. Shawn's parents surprised us with a house warming gift. They are so amazing and we are so blessed to have this time with them!

His Mom made it even more special with the flowers and wine! After dinner we moved it to the Patio where I can enjoy my coffee in the morning, dinner and wine in the evenings all while listening to the birds or watching the lighting bugs!

No comments:

Post a Comment