Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Hello!

This is officially ShawnBold and I's first blog. So where do we start? I guess we can start with the most recent events which is that my Mom came into to town over the weekend.

She arrived on Thursday night and left on Monday. We took her to the Capital building which we all loved. We had lunch and drinks at the Iron Cactus on 6th street. This was quite entertaining because getting to the restaurant we had to pass "Leslie." Evidently, he is a legend of sort here in Austin. He hangs out on 6th Street wearing a pink thong, tank top and a purple pimp hat. Yes, you heard it all right. I guess it can be funny to some but I think it's quite gross.

One of my favorite parts of the weekend was cooking with my Mom. She taught me a lot about cooking and there is nothing better than cooking some rich and heavy comfort food with my Momma. Before she left we took her to see the Bats take off from the Congress Ave. Bridge. It was pretty neat but there were not quite as many bats as there will be this summer. They are still arriving from Latin America.

It was quite an eventful weekend and we had so much fun with Mom. I hated to see her leave, I miss her so much. But, we found out on Monday that Shawn's family will be visiting us in June for an entire week! That will be fun!

Shawn wants to add that he is really excited about Carlos Condit's debut fight in the UFC and feels that he will be a dominant force based off his results in the WEC. He foresees this kid being the next next People's Champ in his division.


Stay tuned to learn more about our not so crazy lives...

No comments:

Post a Comment