Friday, April 24, 2009

Oh how time passes us by...



Well, Shawn and I have not posted in a while. We haven't really had much going on except for the daily work schedule.

Two weeks ago we went to San Antonio for a few hours to see a friend of ours that was visiting another friend of ours that lives there. We ate at the Rain Forest Cafe and I have to say that their Cobb salad was awesome...except I asked for blue cheese and got ranch...but other than that it was great!

After dinner we went to a Piano Bar and had an awesome time! I've only been to once before and I had forgotten how fun they can be! It was so nice to see our friends! The below pic was taken of me in front of the Alamo after a night at Pat O'Brian's. Jeremy did an awesome job of capturing the Alamo and me in the same pic! One question: Why the hell do I have such a red nose? Is it the German in me?
We miss seeing our Friends! This is a pic of Stacey and Jeremy:


Last weekend we went to have dinner with Stacey and Chris. It was the first time that we had met Chris and we were both a little nervous...but he is awesome! He is Stacey's perfect match! I wish I had taken a picture of all of us but unfortunately the wine did not remind me. I'm sure we will have more dinners with them.

This weekend I have to work and then Sunday morning we are going bowling. I am so excited. I haven't bowled much since we moved and oh how I miss it! I am going to Dallas in 4 weeks for the state tournament and I really need to get ready for it. It's just really hard with my work schedule to fit it in, except for Sunday morning. We are not in leagues right now so I'm not even getting that play time.

We did, however, hear from friends of ours from Lubbock that they are moving to the Austin area in May and the four of us will be looking to join a Summer league. I am super excited about that! I have missed bowling competitively and look forward to doing it again. Shawn has an amazing athletic ability and is a natural at no matter which sport he chooses, I wish I was the same. I have to rely on a professional coach to get me to where I want to go!

Shawn has always loved playing golf and has went a couple of times since we have moved. He has been begging me to try it and I have resisted. We are hoping to get me some clubs soon and I will start from scratch and join him out on the course...stay tuned for more information on that one!

Again, sorry for the lack of blogging but we will try to keep up a little bit more. As for now, I have to go and buzz Shawn's hair!

Ok well i hope you all enjoy our update of the daily lifestyle we are living in Austin and we miss all of our family and friends.....BOMBS AWAY! (THE FAREWELL WAS WRITTEN BY SHAWN)

No comments:

Post a Comment